Contact me, Adrian Wellings on 07974 695967 / 01420 479110 or email me at Adrian Wellings if you'd like more information.
Mobile Dog Massage Lindford Hampshire
Mobile Dog Massage offers canine massage within a 15 mile radius of Lindford in Hampshire; including parts of Surrey and West Sussex.
This service provides a professional one-to-one therapy treatment that builds a relationship and bond with your dog; this relationship helps the dog adjust to the treatment. Muscle disorder or dysfunction can be the result of trauma, surgery, a degenerative illness or other illness, repetitive strain injury or other problem. Muscle disorder can lead to muscle contraction or wastage, which results in joint stress. Release of tension eases the muscle and helps increase the muscle length (reduces contraction), this directly affects joint function by improving Range Of Motion (ROM) of the joint. The release of tension within the muscle fibres caused through muscle disorder promotes improved muscle function. Improved muscle function relieves pain that can have an effect on the dog both physically and psychologically.
Mobile Dog Massage not only treats muscle disorder but also associated psychological conditions and symptoms. Mobile Dog Massage is a form of manual therapy (physiotherapy within the Veterinary Act) that looks at the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of muscle disorders. Mobile Dog Massage treats damaged or injured muscles, joints, nerves, soft tissue and associated musculoskeletal pain. Musculoskeletal pain and associated discomfort is often difficult to assess and treat appropriately; I use specialised knowledge and training to concentrate on this area of care. Musculoskeletal pain can lead to hidden stress within your dog and I therefore work on both the cause and repair including associated psychological conditions. I promote increased muscle function by easing congestion within the muscle fibres, treating internal scarring and improving the ROM of the joints. Overall this leads to improved motion, less pain and a much happier dog.
Mobile Dog Massage operates in accordance with the Veterinary Act (see About Dog Massage Page)
Mobile Dog Massage Can Help:
- Back pain
- Pre and Post Operative Care
- Sporting dogs (greyhound, agility dogs, flyball dogs by pre and post event massage)
- Working dogs (improves muscle damage from running through hedges, branches, etc.)
- Assistance dogs
- Stress and behavioural problems
Mobile Dog Massage will look at factors such as:
- Abnormal gait and posture
- Reduced ROM of joints and associated muscle groups
- Reluctance for pelvic and lumbar examination
- Reduced extension of thoracic and pelvic limbs
- Exercise and rest regimes and ability/stiffness after exercise
- Unexpected reduced mobility and possible perceived early aging
- Unexpected muscle wasting and atrophy
- Hypersensitivity within muscle groups
Mobile Dog Massage can be effective in the management program for:
- Dysplasia (hip and elbow)
- Cruciate ligament disease (CCLD) disorders (pre and post operative)
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) surgery for CCLD
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) surgery for CCLD
- Osteoarthritis, rheumatism, degenerative joint disease (DJD)
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Chronic Degenerative Radiculo Myelopathy (CDRM)